Surviving Dreamforce 2014
Salesforce’s Dreamforce is coming up quick! Follow these survival tips for making the most out of the most highly anticipated event of the year, #DF14:
Before You Go:
- Use the agenda builder on the Dreamforce website to make it easier to register for every session you want to attend.
- Download the Dreamforce App to have easy access to your agenda and Chatter.
- Understand the campus. Dreamforce has multiple venues in Downtown San Francisco.
- Pack business cards. You’ll be meeting interesting people every two minutes.
- Pack MORE business cards! You’ll need more than you think.
- Download an app like EverNote to take a picture of received business cards. It’ll scan, process, and organize all the information on it for you, saving a lot of time!
- Make sure your professional information on LinkedIn is up to date.
- Set up an rideshare account before you leave, this is the easiest way to get around San Francisco. Use these codes to get discounts! Lyft: ROMAN149 , Uber: sd3esh , Sidecar: g4gyp , Hitch: Roman
- Bring layers. San Francisco weather can get windy and chilly, don’t be caught unprepared.
- Don’t forget your device chargers!
- With tens of thousands of people indoors, cell phone service can be unreliable. Consider a PBX solution, which enables you to be reached over WiFi or cellular.
- Pump yourself up to Bruno Mars jams and get ready to party hard at the Dreamforce Gala!
While You’re There:
- Take advantage of this opportunity to meet the best and the brightest. Introduce yourself to as many people as possible.
- Get inspired!
- Consider how heavy your laptop is going to feel at the end of the day. If you’re a non-developer, opt for a tablet or smartphone to take notes on.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Keep a pen on you and jot down a few words on the back of business cards to remember why you took them.
- Remember EverNote to digitalize collected business cards.
- Use the Dreamforce App to keep on top of your schedule.
- Stay hydrated! There’s a lot of excitement, don’t forget to drink water.
- Dreamforce is a multi-day event. Plan well and pace yourself.
- Look out for unicorns, pandas, and other cool freebies!